Friday, August 12, 2011

First one up

So the first race I'm going to be attempting is the Rochester half-marathon, a 13.1 mile run of fun. Since I'm not in the states at the time I haven't managed to set up a separate Chase account to deal with any donations so for this race I'll be fundraising using an operation offered by the marathon.

To reach my fundraising page for this half-marathon just follow this link. The donations made for this race are going to the Arthritis foundation (homepage), which deals with research and treatment of arthritis. Even doing some basic research on arthritis made me realize how prevalent the disease is and it seems like a pretty good place to start.

Any donations are welcome. Could be a dollar a mile, 5 dollars a mile, or whatever you deem fit.

For now,
- Jared Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment